August 11, 2008

Women's Hair Loss Solution is Shear Genius

You know when you buy a new car; all of a sudden you see that same car everywhere on the road? Well that’s exactly what has happened since we launched Hair Loss Confidential. I have seen several hair loss stories on both television and in print in this last week and I want to share them with you. They demonstrate why we decided to produce this show and the power of the healing that the show can provide.

The July 23 episode of Bravo TV’s Shear Genius hosted by Jaclyn Smith of Charlie's Angels fame, featured several women who suffer from alopecia areata. Nearly 2% of people in the United States, many of them children, suffer from alopecia areata, a skin disorder that causes hair to fall out in patches; many times leaving the person completely bald. The Shear Genius episode provided a moving example of the tragedy, the courage, and the desire for appropriate and attractive solutions faced by people who suffer from alopecia every day of their lives.



Yvonne Marchese
Production Supervisor
HAIR LOSS CONFIDENTIAL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was happy to see Hair U Wear featured on TV. They are a great company

Anonymous said...

I saw this episode. It totally made me cry. Those women have so much courage. I cheered on Paulo and Nicole. They seemed to be the only ones who really cared about the woman - and not the challenge.

Anonymous said...

I watched this show every week with my mom . . . usually we are laughing out loud over something that one of the hairdressers does or says. But this episode truly touched both of us. My first thought was that the beautiful women that were on the show were so brave!! I was also very impressed with the way most of the hairdressers cared about their clients - but my favorite had to be Paulo. The wig that he created was amazing - and more importantly put a HUGE smile on the face of his client.